stopmoldcold

Just another WordPress.com site

Warning: Mold Can Make You Sick

on August 6, 2011

The Insidious Mold Hid Behind the Baseboard Heater!

When you open the basement door are you hit by a musty smell?  If you are life the average person, you just don’t smell it anymore. That really should bother you because the smell is nature’s alarm.  Warning!  Warning! Your basement has been taken over by mold!

It’s a known fact that mold makes people sick; but not known enough.  I am a professional mold patient.  I have lost count of the doctors that treated me.  My primary care physician told me that he did not have a clue as to how to treat me.  To sum up my health:  I have every serious old person disease and some complications to go with it.  Type 1 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Autonomic Neuropathy, Osteoporosis, Asthma and more. At the ripe old age of 50 I sit with people 20 years older than me waiting to see the doc who is going to remove my cataracts. I have trouble concentrating because of constant headaches.  A mold doctor show my genetic defect.:  I cannot clear toxins when exposed to mold.  They go on to attack every major system in my body.  I am living proof of the destruction of  insidious hidden mold.

I’ll share what I learned.  It is my passion to help people not end up like me.  I live in constant pain.  Dehumidify you basement!  That’s really big because all basements are naturally humid.  But how many people actually do this?  I have been studying people.  They will only turn on the dehumidifier when the basement floods.  While that helps, humidity is always there.  Mold loves warm and dark and damp places.  If you know you have mold, in addition to dehumidify your basement, run Allergy Air Purifiers that have HEPA Filtration.  HEPA filtration means that 99.97% of pollutants are removed form the air.The 3rd step is to actively kill mold through cleaning everything in sight.  use a HEPA Filtration Vacuum Cleaner to sweep every surface.  You see a black wall, serious mold, clean it with bleach or hydrogen peroxide solution.  1 part bleach to 4 parts water.  Peroxide is easier on the lungs but will kill mold..  You can also use a U.V. Light.  hold it 2 inches away from mold stain for a 2 hour period or leave on in a dark room over-nite.

While Philipsburg, PA is a nice small town; it is has lots of old moldy buildings.  I can no longer go to church because they are all moldy.  Sorry Pastor!  I have friends that I cannot visit.  One friend has a cat.    Kitty litter is a wonderful place for mold to thrive.    It was changing the kitty litter that did me in.  It is quite the sensitive subject:  why i cannot visit you; your house makes me sick! I avoid the topic and call people. Obviously, I  became a hermit out of necessity.

Where do I stand now?  We have not been able to successfully remove all the mold in my 111 year old house. Looking for new doctors. We are constantly researching and re mediating. I know that we still have mold because my symptoms have not let up.  My husband is finishing an R.N. program and my youngest graduates from high school this year.   When this is done, we move !

I would like to hear your mold story.  What are you doing to get better?  Who treated you?  Are you in pain every day?  I am quite sure that you found some strange places where mold existed. Stay healthy!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: